Collective Impact is seeking an intern to work on Communications and Development. The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with the founder and learn about all aspects of running a social enterprise. In this role, the intern will develop and execute communications strategies to advance Collective Impact's mission of fostering cross-sector collaboration to promote gender equality in a more holistic way. All of our work is grounded by transformative approaches that draw from an ecological framework and social behavior change communication strategies. Transformative approaches emphasize that: 1) interventions must expand beyond the individual level (that narrowly focuses on knowledge, attitudes, and skills) in order to create enabling circumstances that will facilitate change; and 2) change must be made visible to encourage more people to adopt new behavior and attitudes. The intern will leverage the power of storytelling to demonstrate impact, shape positive and inclusive narratives, and accelerate cultural shifts.
Expected commitment of 6-12 hours per week. Willing to offer flexibility to accommodate intern's schedule, but prefer that intern can commit to two afternoons per week. Room to grow in a casual work environment near the H Street corridor of Washington, DC. A stipend may be offered (to be negotiated later) for this position or interns may receive academic credit with cooperation from their university.
• Draft and posting social media content across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Assist with minor web edits through Wix platform
• Contribute to blog, e-newsletter and other online communications projects
• Support production of several short videos
• Research and content planning
• Administrative support
• Other tasks as required
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program related to public health, international development,
gender studies, or other related field
• Demonstrated interest in creative approaches to promote gender equality and social justice
• Self-starter with the tenacity to see initiatives through to the end
• Excellent copy-editing and writing skills
• Exceptional research and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively with a diverse array of stakeholders
• Basic knowledge of website management platforms such as Wix
• Previous experience with social media management and multimedia creation
• Interest in story-telling that can strategically work across various online platforms and builds inclusive narratives
• Basic video editing and design experience would be a plus
Please email the following to :
• Letter of interest indicating availability
• Two references with contact information
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.